Greener Footprints Business Champion Awards
The Greener Footprints Business Champion awards have now closed to new nominations.
We are excited to launch these new awards to recognise the important contribution made by employees towards business sustainability and inspire others to take action
- Opportunity to recognise individual members of staff and whole teams that have gone above and beyond in their efforts to reduce the environmental impact of the organisation or to protect nature and wildlife
- We will publicly announce the winners and their projects and so it’s also a great chance to highlight good practice that is going on in your business or organisation
- Chance to win exciting prizes! Individual prize: £250 Hereford Gift Card (can be used to shop, stay, eat or drink In the city of Hereford) Team prize: Sweet treats delivery for up to 20 people and £250 to spend on sustainability projects within the business.
What we are looking for
- We will be looking for activities that have helped reduce emissions, cut waste or helped to protect nature. We will be looking at the scale of the projects and their environmental impact, how they have overcome challenges, and any added benefits they have produced – for example if they have helped reduce costs, improved staff wellbeing or enhanced the working environment.
- The sort of activities that could fall into this category might include
- Reducing single use plastics in the workplace
- Setting up a car share scheme or promoting cycle commuting
- Reviewing the supply chain to improve sustainability
- Creating a wildlife haven in the green space on office premises
- And many other possibilities!
How to enter
- You can nominate members of staff yourselves, or colleagues can nominate each other, or people can put themselves forward – we would encourage people to do that
- Herefordshire Council staff are eligible to be nominated in the individual category, however not eligible for nomination in the team category
- You can find the form at the bottom of this page to submit nominations and provide some brief background information
- Closing date will be 22 September EXTENDED to 30th September
- See full terms and conditions
This is a great way to recognise the efforts of your employees and teams, showcase the sustainability work going on in your business and to inspire other businesses and individuals in Herefordshire to take action. We look forward to receiving your entries!
To be eligible for the award, individuals must employed by a business or organisation that has been running for a year or more and has signed up to the Greener Footprints ’30 for 2030’ business initiative or the Greener Footprints Business Network.
The Greener Footprints Business Network is free to join and open to all Herefordshire employers that are committed to reducing their carbon footprints. To apply, click here
Entries will be judged by a panel made up of members of the Herefordshire Climate and Nature Partnership Board.